Welcome to Working With Rails

Discussion Forums

Discuss all things Ruby on Rails with perhaps the web's most vibrant group of Ruby on Rails enthusiasts.
some feedback from a job poster
4 Posts
some feedback from a job poster

I recently posted a job on this board and we've had a few applications so we're quite happy.

There's three things I think could be improved from the point of view of the job poster:

1. don't display the email address of the poster, let people apply through the site.
  2. allow the poster to specify whether he or she wants to be bombarded with offers from recruiters and/or software development companies and prominently display their choice on the ad.
  3. don't let anyone click the link to edit/remove the ad unless they are logged in as the poster. I get regular emails saying I've requested to edit the ad when I have not, presumably because somebody has hit that link. Come to think of it just let them edit it.

steve

I'm now getting a proxy error when following a link to edit my posting in an email I did not request.

steve

The email addresses I used are the same. You're right that the link does not appear. Nevertheless I got emails as if it had been clicked at 07.17 and 13.33 today. Perhaps the link removal happened after that?

When I click the link in the email the error message says:

Proxy Error

The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server. The proxy server could not handle the request GET /opportunity/edit/640.

Reason: Error reading from remote server

Hope that helps.

steve

I'm still getting those emails. One at 01.56 and one at 05.43 today. The links now work.

We have in fact filled the vacancy so I will remove the advert today unless you want me to leave it up while you debug the mystery emails?

steve

4 Posts
Login to add your message