Welcome to Working With Rails

Discussion Forums

Discuss all things Ruby on Rails with perhaps the web's most vibrant group of Ruby on Rails enthusiasts.
Pair programming - first impressions
12 Posts
Pair programming - first impressions

I started my professional programming career at ThoughtWorks five years ago by pairing. Pairing is a fine art, and when practiced well can produce amazing results. The only ting to keep in mind is that a great deal of introspection is required by each member of the pair, and slightly different approaches are needed when - a junior and a senior pair with the junior ramping up - a junior and a senior pair with the senior ramping up - a junior and senior pair when both a familar with the codbase and/or technology - people of similar experience pair

People have the tendency to forget how to have fun at work sometimes. Most of them get so immersed with work than they get all stressed and burned out week after week. I do like your attitude when it comes to work. You have a little fun but still don’t forget to get the job done. And you can train anybody on workflow-related concepts like BDD and advanced Git usage if you have the manuals. Doing code reviews for my current job is easy especially since I have a partner, I can ask him anything and it’s true that you work harder if you see your partner doing the same as well.

Well, I hope everything’s still fine there.

Annie

ac-parkering.dk

12 Posts
Login to add your message