Welcome to Working With Rails

Discussion Forums

Discuss all things Ruby on Rails with perhaps the web's most vibrant group of Ruby on Rails enthusiasts.
Issues in Migration to Ruby On Rails
8 Posts
Issues in Migration to Ruby On Rails

hi i am rails enthusiast, and working with rails from last 2 years. i find rails very convenient and comfortable for web application. but also not getting the reason why more big companies are not working with rails in india ?? what is the issue in migrating or with staring new experience ?? i am also interested to have your opinions on future of Ruby on Rails.

I doubt that Ruby on Rails is going anywhere for the near future. More and more folks are developing apps with it, and it's generated plenty of press and accolades (and, yes, some detractors as well). I can't answer your question and be specific about India, but only because I'm not familiar with what is used there currently. I think Rails will only gain more and more traction in the business world.

Few major set back for big companies not opting for RoR ( according to me :) )

Profit margin : Not all but most of the RoR projects end up generating less revenue to the BIG company as compared to their other conventional projects.

Risk of the finding potential resources : I think in India the ratio of .net or Java developer to RoR developer can be put as 1000:1

YAT : For BIG companies RoR is Yet AnotherTechnology, Most of them resist to just expand their talent archive and try to stick only few proven technologies.

About Future : Still open...........

Person
Forum Rating: 100
Sign In To Rate Post

Hello Balaji, R u working in Rails ??

Yes Sir ....... you can contact me at balaji.ananthachari@gmail.com

Person
Forum Rating: 100
Sign In To Rate Post

We have almost sate situation in Israel, Most major www companies using asp or PHP, so its much more easily find PHP / asp programmer rather that RAILS.

I can event count number of Rails programmers in Israel ...

Its growing in india. Guys, I am working in Rails since from July 2007. When i started working, i had hardly found any company/guys. But now after a year, on my interaction with TL's and PM's it getting pushed to good level. Only problem is do we have guys on ROR. "50:50". India is a service oriented hub and they do swim only when they have fish and boats. So it takes couple of months to have resources, so that companies can adopt .But i feel its getting or already started..

Even in new Organisation wherein i am currently associate , have asked me to started groups to get guys from different domains to Rails. Wise people!. And in one very good company, TL''s are doing Rails mini projects to start Rails work.

Cheers!. Imran

Alexey Zatsepin wrote:

bq. We have almost sate situation in Israel, Most major www companies using asp or PHP

I suppose that makes some sense. Wasn't (modern) PHP originally developed in Israel?

8 Posts
Login to add your message