Welcome to Working With Rails

Discussion Forums

Discuss all things Ruby on Rails with perhaps the web's most vibrant group of Ruby on Rails enthusiasts.
Porting from ASP.NET to ROR
6 Posts
Porting from ASP.NET to ROR

I am porting small project to ROR. I want to experience the difference first hand. I've had time just to glimp over the new MVC ASP.NET thing - but I can't compare it to ROR since I've never did anything other then tutorials in ROR. To be completly honest I bearly know Ruby sintax, so any help would be appreciated since I'll probably get a ton of things wrong. I'll post some code on my blog - so you can make fun of it :) and hopefully help me learn the Rails way :)

Please do, Post a Link to your blog, Also, ASP and RoR are much Different. My advise to you would be to approach the App RoR way, by learning RoR , instead of comparing the Frameworks, learn Rails,Build the App Feature by Feature.I think that would be easiest approach to build the app without confusion between the framewerks

Hi Saurabh. Blog link is in my profile. I am not comparing frameworks, I just wanted to see how much MS is behind since they started late (like always). I like the feel and elegance of Ruby, and i think Rails is awesome DSL for building web pages. And yes I'll try to do it feature by feature and with tests all the way.

Ok, thts good, You can apply the latest BDD methodolgy, Behaviour using testing framework like rspec.The tests are like english,they are easier to write and to code is less pain as you work on the defined behaviour

Yes I am very much interested in rspec and in DSL in general - I think they are the future way of programming

6 Posts
Login to add your message