Welcome to Working With Rails

Discussion Forums

Discuss all things Ruby on Rails with perhaps the web's most vibrant group of Ruby on Rails enthusiasts.
What OS do you ROR developers use?
What OS do you ROR developers use?

I use Linux most of the time and windows the rest. I'm planning on switching over to Leopard sometime in the near future though. It's the unfamiliarity that worries me about switching OS's though.

90% Ubuntu 8.10 10% Windows XP Pro Sp3

Entirely Mac OS X/Textmate for me.

I develop under OS X Leopard, but deploy to RHEL 5.2.

I use Ubuntu, started with Windows but it was too painful :)

NetBeans 6.5

It is pretty sweet. The debugger alone makes it worth it. Bashing IDEs seems to be in vogue for whatever reason. If you haven't tried NetBeans it is worth a look.

I like to use the same OS like on my VPS, this is about Linux. Telling the truth, I have the same working environment on my laptop, as I will be use on VPS. Few advantages here: 1) have no unexpectation behaviour by my application 2) familiar shell commands and other stuff and something else

ubuntu linux

Ubuntu since 6.10 release.

Debian GNU/Linux with emacs, git, capistrano, mysql, memcached, etc. In production, same OS plus Apache with Phusion Passenger.

I use RedHat Linux for a production server. I develop on Mac OS X Leopard with TextMate and GitX or Syncro SVN. I use Capistrano for my deployments and haven't any problems. I've also developed on Windows and Ubuntu, but OS X is my favorite.

Login to add your message