Welcome to Working With Rails

Discussion Forums

Discuss all things Ruby on Rails with perhaps the web's most vibrant group of Ruby on Rails enthusiasts.
Co-Founder/Developer Needed
2 Posts
Co-Founder/Developer Needed

Are you still looking for a developer?

rails development company | ruby application development | hire ruby on rails developer | Offshore Software Development Company

Person
Forum Rating: 100
Sign In To Rate Post

I have an idea. I know they're a dime a dozen, but this one is better than most. How do I know? My mom told me so...

Seriously, it's a social startup in the education space. It's fleshed out. We've got a name, a logo, some wireframes, a business plan buried somewhere, some domain names, and even a revenue plan that doesn't involve advertising.

The plural "we" implies that I have a team. I don't. I used to, but one of them moved to Michigan and had a baby. The other one used TurboGears. Back then I didn't know much about the interwebs from the development side, so there were translation issues. Now I've taught myself a thing or two and dabble in design and development. I'm an extremely amateur RoR hack. One of the things I've learned is that I don't have the chops to pull this site off alone, and won't for some time.

I'm looking for someone with chops. Do you have chops?

I've got some ability. I've got an MBA and stuff, plus I was a teacher once, so that makes me very qualified to run the company. I can speak developer--broken developer, but developer.

I need a developer to start my company with me. I have a day job and don't have money. I'd like to get money. My goal is to build a beta site and try to get some. But I need a developer.

What's in it for you? Fun! Challenge! The chance to change a young person's life! The chance to change many young people's lives! And some equity!

Interested?

Reply to the post, email me at cliftonmckinney@gmail.com, or hit me up on twitter @cliffmckinney. Thanks for your time.

2 Posts
Login to add your message