Welcome to Working With Rails

Discussion Forums

Discuss all things Ruby on Rails with perhaps the web's most vibrant group of Ruby on Rails enthusiasts.
How to integrate paypall in RAILS App?
5 Posts
How to integrate paypall in RAILS App?

Hello all, I want to integrate DoDirect paymment, Express Checkout,Recurrent Payment in my rails app. I searched in google but found no reachable doc. Please any guys help me.

Thanks

Person
Forum Rating: 100
Sign In To Rate Post

Hi Abdul,

Basically there are two way for Integration of payment gateway in any ROR Tech.. 1 - Using Basic Providers Url in the action of the form for with authorization details 2 - Using SOAP API services. (Depends on service providers supports)

First type :

• It basically need required params info which we need to send with user provided detail.
  • All Basic params value will become RequestParameters for providers site
  • At your side Form Action will be Url of the servicde provider..

/form

Note:where www.url.com/success.html is your site's success url www.url.com/failure.html is your site's failure handler url

After this in the controller you just need to accept responseParams value..

Sample responseParams: For success transaction: 200904281000001|SUCCESS|IND|INR|NULL|111111|100.00| (Success Response) For fail transaction: 200904281000001|FAIL|IND|INR|NULL|111111|100.00| (Failure Response)

Thats it.. :)

Now second type :

Using Soap Servies API. - Need to create driver Object of Service at your side Using SOAP API - After you can access all method related to that service. (Details of all methods & format of request params you will get from the service providers) - After Methods of the SOAP service with provide details u'll get the result as response of the service.. Which is same as First type...

*To consume SOAP service u need to install gem/Use wsdl4r or soap4r

Usually I prefer first type

I hope this will help you..!

Good Luck .. Cheersssssss! [;)]

Person
Jruby, Ruby, Rails Programmer
Sign In To Rate Post

Dear Ganesh,

Thanks for your reply and collaboration , I am actually not expert in PaymentGateway world, So please explain in details or any URL? or any plugin?

Thanks

Person
Forum Rating: 100
Sign In To Rate Post

Check the active_merchant gem. Also, check Ryan Bate's screencasts episodes 141-146 on how to integrate active_merchant.

Yes please check active_merchant gem/plugin. Its the best plugin for integrating E-commerce in any ROR website. Apart from providing suport for every paypal service it has wide range of merchants supported.http://www.activemerchant.org/

Authorize.Net CIM - US Authorize.Net - US Beanstream.com - CA Braintree - US CardStream - GB CyberSource - US DataCash - GB Efsnet - US eWAY - AU E-xact - CA, US LinkPoint - US Modern Payments - US Moneris - CA NetRegistry - AU NETbilling - US PayJunction - US PaySecure - AU PayPal Express Checkout - US, CA, SG, AU PayPal Payflow Pro - US, CA, SG, AU PayPal Website Payments Pro (UK) - GB PaymentExpress - AU, MY, NZ, SG, ZA, GB, US PayPal Website Payments Pro (CA) - CA PayPal Express Checkout - US PayPal Website Payments Pro (US) - US Plug'n Pay - US Protx - GB Psigate - CA PSL Payment Solutions - GB Quickpay - DK Realex - IE, GB Sage Payment Solutions - US, CA SecurePay - AU SecurePay - US SecurePayTech - NZ SkipJack - US, CA TransFirst - US TrustCommerce - US USA ePay - US Verifi - US ViaKLIX - US Wirecard - DE

5 Posts
Login to add your message