Welcome to Working With Rails

Discussion Forums

Discuss all things Ruby on Rails with perhaps the web's most vibrant group of Ruby on Rails enthusiasts.
Fix Adobe Flash Header in layout (not reload)
3 Posts
Fix Adobe Flash Header in layout (not reload)

Amit, thanks for responding.

It seems that might work. you know how to perform a partial cache? I was watching the following link: http://guides.rubyonrails.org/caching_with_rails.html and could do caching of an action (Rails gererated customers.html in the public dir )

I tried to do tests to make a partial cache, using:

'shared / header'%>

It does't work. I'm forgetting something in the controller?

(another option I could think of is to use an iframe o frameset similar Rails Api site, but I don't know how build it to make it as consistent with the architecture of Rails).

thanks

According to my understanding there is no ajax except menu items(Flash content ) all the contents are dynamic if it's then you need cache the flash content it will loading only one times after that , browser served it and also this content comes through web server (like Apache ) instead of application server , then your all effect(Highlight) will also show

Hi Guys, I'm adding dynamic content to a web portal. The portal has a header with button in Adobe Flash that should be loaded only once, since it has to highlight the selected section. I used a unique layout that contains the header application.html.erb and I used yield to render to each section, as is normally used. The header is displayed correctly except for one detail:

The problem is that every time you select a section, the header is reloaded so the highlight effect is lost(in production mode too)

Somehow know that the header remains fixed. That is not to be reloaded each time you run a new action. (I'm trying to follow the DRY principle and not have a header for each section)

thank you very much

3 Posts
Login to add your message