Welcome to Working With Rails

Discussion Forums

Discuss all things Ruby on Rails with perhaps the web's most vibrant group of Ruby on Rails enthusiasts.
My changes do not update in test environment
3 Posts
My changes do not update in test environment

I have discovered that both config.cache_classes = false # true config.action_view.cache_template_loading = false # true should be changed so I can See changes. Iam using a lot of JavaScript in this application (I test unit some parts of it ) and I must check how it works with Rails, I do Unit testing, and Functional. Iam Using Rspec, Shoulda and Cucumber with Factory Grl, but I couldn't make Cucumber work with Selenium and Webrat, Do you know any sample project with Cucumber and Rails ??.

Thanx

Class reloading is generally off in the test environment; having to reload your classes between every test run would slow down your test suite quite a lot. You can change this by adding config.cache_classes = false to your test.rb environment file (you'll find this line in your development.rb file), but I wouldn't recommend this.

Selenium tests generally run slowly, with a significant startup cost, so it's difficult to use them to iterate on your code. I very much recommend you consider driving your code with unit and functional tests, use integration tests to tie together your more complex scenarios, and save Selenium for a few happy path tests, as well as for testing AJAX flows and, to a certain extent, browser compatibility.

Hi there Iam using selenium on rails to test, but when Iam testing every time I make a change to my view or my controller I have to restart the server. In development this does not happen. I have changed some values in the environment/test.rb with no success, can someone Help me? Thanx in advance

3 Posts
Login to add your message