Welcome to Working With Rails

Discussion Forums

Discuss all things Ruby on Rails with perhaps the web's most vibrant group of Ruby on Rails enthusiasts.
How to preserve the search page?
4 Posts
How to preserve the search page?

If you woul like to hold your filter parameters after you go back to index page, try to store your parameters to session.

http://www.tutorialspoint.com/ruby-on-rails/rails-session-cookies.htm

Hi,

1) the first page(index page) displays all employee records. There is a filter section also for this page.

2) if we filter out few records(filter page) and then click on any of the employee number (i.e. a link to Edit page) it navigates to the Edit page.

Requirement: if we modify a record in Edit page and click the Back link i should see the filter page with all the records that i filtered in point 2.

Hope requirement is clear now. Pls revert back to me for any other info.

Thanks in advance, Sandeep N

Sandeep - can you give a little more info here?

Are you displaying a list of records (say users) and filtering out certain ones?

Or is this the results from a search form?

Please give as much of the story as possible

Hi, I have created a search page, Filter(By default it shows all records). From there we can click on retrieved records to navigate to Edit page,

Now my requirement is - After editing a record in the Edit page when i click on a link(Back) i should be navigated to Filter page and all the search results should be preserved as before.

Just FYI, I have started working on rails since last 2 weeks so pls ignore if my requirement or description is not apt.

Thanks in advance, Sandeep N

4 Posts
Login to add your message