Welcome to Working With Rails

Discussion Forums

Discuss all things Ruby on Rails with perhaps the web's most vibrant group of Ruby on Rails enthusiasts.
New User install error, help needed
4 Posts
New User install error, help needed

Hello. Im brand new to Ruby on Rails. Ive created a small app thats running nicely on my local server. Im trying to push this online to my web server. im with Dreamhost. they have a thing called Passenger, which ive set up on my server.

ive uploaded my application and set it up so that the web directory is the public directory of my app. ive set up the MySQL database too.

when i go to view the app i get this error:

The application has exited during startup (i.e. during the evaluation of config/environment.rb). The error message may have been written to the web server's log file. Please check the web server's log file (i.e. not the (Rails) application's log file) to find out why the application exited. If that doesn't help, then please use the backtrace below to debug the problem.

Application root: /home/sansserifgrafik/rails.sansserifgrafik.com/myapp

If anyone can shed any light on what ive done wrong that would be fantastic

what error is shown in the log? You can also make settings to create a log in applications log file.

Have you raked the production database? If not try this: rake RAILS_ENV=production db:migrate

gem install rails --no-ri --no-rdoc rails -d mysql MyProject cd MyProject rake RAILS_ENV=production db:create script/server

server's settings complete tutorial please look at the wiki.rubyonrails.org

4 Posts
Login to add your message