Welcome to Working With Rails

Discussion Forums

Discuss all things Ruby on Rails with perhaps the web's most vibrant group of Ruby on Rails enthusiasts.
Rails 2.3.2 Plugin Issue (auto_complete)
5 Posts
Rails 2.3.2 Plugin Issue (auto_complete)

I'm having an issue with the auto_complete plugin when running on Rails version 2.3.2 in production mode. The error I'm getting is that the "text_field_with_auto_complete" method is not found. This method is located in the plugin and is being exposed to the application via the init.rb in the plugin (ActionController::Base.helper AutoCompleteMacrosHelper).

It seems that the helper is not getting loaded properly when in production mode. It works fine in development mode. However, if I change config.cache_classes = true in the development.rb file I experience the same issue.

Does anyone have any idea what's going on here and how I would go about fixing it?

Thank you in advance!

pretty strange, did you have restarted your server michael?

Person
goz
Sign In To Rate Post

Yes, the web server has been restarted.

I've resolved this issue. I was using the giraffesoft-resource_controller gem. This gem was somehow conflicting with both the auto_complete plugin and the in_place_editing plugin. As soon as I removed my reference to this gem in the environment.rb file and changed my controllers so they no longer use resource controller everything worked. I hope this will help someone in the same situation.

ahh.. i see, nice info Michael

Person
goz
Sign In To Rate Post
5 Posts
Login to add your message