Welcome to Working With Rails

Discussion Forums

Discuss all things Ruby on Rails with perhaps the web's most vibrant group of Ruby on Rails enthusiasts.
segmentation fault
5 Posts
segmentation fault

Hey guys can anyone help me with this--------- i m just trying to run my scaffolding code....so intially i am just running the server---- then once the server is set running i open my browser and log on to http://localhost:3000/controller/action

but when i click on some button in the html form the SERVER HALTS..IT CLOSES ABRUPTLY and gives the following error-

C:/Ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activerecord-2.2.2/lib/active_record/connection_adapters/abstract_adapter.rb:38: [BUG] Segmentation fault ruby 1.8.6 (2008-08-11) [i386-mswin32]

try to reinstall ruby - with higher version, seems to be some library conflict there.

This may be related to a relatively known bug in the Ruby garbage collector. We ran into this a while back and blogged a bit about it. It was a problem with 1.8.7 and later builds of 1.8.6, on certain platforms. We ran into it with Linux build 1.8.6-287. When we reverted to a previous build number the problem went away.

I don't know anything about the Ruby build history on Windows, but I'd guess Google does.

Seeing as it's the abstract_adapter that's generating this fault, my suspicion would be that the problem is with your database gem/driver. My first guess, being Windows, is that you haven't compiled the gem yourself and that it's linked against a different version of the database daemon (or Ruby) than the one you're running.

If its an installed version of Ruby on Windows, this is an option that might work : 1. Move into the Ruby installed directory ( eg. c:\ruby\bin) 2. Ensure the first line of each file has your ruby installation directory mentioned ( if its /opt/... , ignore those files)

5 Posts
Login to add your message