Welcome to Working With Rails

Discussion Forums

Discuss all things Ruby on Rails with perhaps the web's most vibrant group of Ruby on Rails enthusiasts.
javascript problem when called from inside a partial...
2 Posts
javascript problem when called from inside a partial...

Hi Paul,

I can see couple of problems with your code. first is when you say "video/sample.mov", rails will interpret this as :action => "video", :id => "sample.mov" unless this is intended. secondly I really don't think :params => "lightwindow_width=640,lightwindow_height=480" will do any thing.

what your partial should have is something like this.

I'm writing this in a hurry..so come back if you have more questions

regards

darshana

Hi all

I have a problem with a lightwindow media player that i've been using (http://www.stickmanlabs.com/lightwindow).

Basically I've been declaring the necessary javascript files in the layout, and using page.replace_html to dynamically load content from partials (depending on menu selection). I have been using the following code from inside the partial to invoke the media player:

"lightwindow", :params => "lightwindow_width=640,lightwindow_height=480" %>

Having spent many hours testing this, I have concluded that the javascript libraries have to be reloaded from the partial, and that is why it is failing.

However this is something that I can't find the solution to, I've seen somewhere that it may have something to do with the options passed when using "link_to_remote", but I can't find any more info than this despite searching extensively..

any insight would be greatly appreciated

regards

Paul

2 Posts
Login to add your message