Welcome to Working With Rails

Discussion Forums

Discuss all things Ruby on Rails with perhaps the web's most vibrant group of Ruby on Rails enthusiasts.
advanced rails book
7 Posts
advanced rails book

I would look at the Rails Way (by Obie Fernandez), it's probably one of the better "in depth" Rails books out there, imho.

Agile Development on Rails, Practical Rails Projects, Ajax on Rails, The Rails Way, Practical Rails Plugins all were very useful to me....As was O'Reilly's Ruby book. In general I have been happy with anything by O'Reilly. The Pragmatic Programmer book on rails was excellent start.

Great, thank you very much.

Yes, it is a good choice ......... also consider latest version of "Agile Web Development with Rails, 3rd Edition":http://pragprog.com/titles/rails3/agile-web-development-with-rails-third-edition ( now available only as beta PDF, expected release on 15 March )

Person
Forum Rating: 100
Sign In To Rate Post

Thanks a lot Balaji, i went through the links you have provided. I needed a reference book for rails, i think 'Rails way' would be a good choice. Any suggestion highly appreciated.

Person
Forum Rating: 100
Sign In To Rate Post

I am a beginner in ruby on rails, am confirtable with the basics of rails. I am looking for some rails books/tutorial links, that will help me to get into rails deeply.

Any kind of help is highly appreciated.

Thanks, nithy"

7 Posts
Login to add your message