Welcome to Working With Rails

Discussion Forums

Discuss all things Ruby on Rails with perhaps the web's most vibrant group of Ruby on Rails enthusiasts.
Is it possible to hide params in url
4 Posts
Is it possible to hide params in url

Hi, thank you for all providedresearch paper information!

Hi ganesh, I have already solved by solution which you gave.You told exact solution.Thankq for your response

Person
Forum Rating: 50
Sign In To Rate Post

Hi lucky..

according to me there is no such solution to hide params of any url..

If you are worry about your params values.. which u want keep unique by which no any other user can access/misuse it.. as you asked in your previous post for user activation link..

in that case better solution is to add one random token no with ur like "token=132545326523".. as well add "token", "active" two fields in your user table..

i.e url will be like "http://localhost:3000/users/1/myaccount?token=132545326523"

while creating new user records just generate new random token and save in ur db record as well as send same token no with activation mail link..

and after that you check all three condition like token no, is active as well user_id in you activation script..

I dont know is this answer of your question or not..!

Good Luck ;)

-Ganesh K

Person
Jruby, Ruby, Rails Programmer
Sign In To Rate Post

Hi , I want to hide params in url Am sending mails from my app.There are some links am passing with params values. I want those params should be secure,So i want to hide them even those should not be visible in firebug or viewpagesource.How it possible?

Person
Forum Rating: 50
Sign In To Rate Post
4 Posts
Login to add your message