Welcome to Working With Rails

Discussion Forums

Discuss all things Ruby on Rails with perhaps the web's most vibrant group of Ruby on Rails enthusiasts.
(RubyStack) Having problems with Mongrel services on Windows Server 2008 Standard
1 Post
(RubyStack) Having problems with Mongrel services on Windows Server 2008 Standard

Hi All,

Having a bit of an issue here. Basically I have a Windows Server 2008 machine. I have Apache set to proxy Mongrel instances. If I start the mongrel instances manually all works well, however if I try running them as a service (mongrel service::install) I get 500 errors. For whatever reason the error is not being logged to the production log. The following are the commands I'm using to install the services:

mongrel_rails service::install -N MyAwesomeApp_4001 -p 4001 -c "C:\web\MyAwesomeApp" -e production
mongrel_rails service::install -N MyAwesomeApp_4002 -p 4002 -c "C:\web\MyAwesomeApp" -e production
mongrel_rails service::install -N MyAwesomeApp_4003 -p 4003 -c "C:\web\MyAwesomeApp" -e production

I even get 500 errors if I attempt to access the app on 400x directly. Remember, if I start the mongrel services independently Apache is happy, so my guess is that my http.conf, etc are all fine. Any helpful input would be most appreciated.

Best.

1 Post
Login to add your message