Welcome to Working With Rails

Discussion Forums

Discuss all things Ruby on Rails with perhaps the web's most vibrant group of Ruby on Rails enthusiasts.
Rails 3 problem with files in public folder
3 Posts
Rails 3 problem with files in public folder

I had fixed it a little bit ago. It was actually some older rails 2.3 code in my development.rb that was causing the issue. I copied over the code in my other rails 3 project and it worked.

Can you show how you are referencing the style sheets?

To get to the stylesheets directory, you only need to do:

Which will render the file: Rails.root / public/stylesheets/mysheet.css

Mikel Lindsaar

Posted this on railsforum.com, with not much luck. I'm in the process of converting a rails 2.3.5 app to rails 3. All the routes work correctly, I can use the program just fine. However, my local stylesheets, javascript files and images that sit under the public/* folder are not rendering. The html attributes have the correct paths and so forth. When I browse to one of the stylesheets for instance, I get a No route matches "/stylesheets/styles.css". The permissions on the public folder look fine. I've used the rails upgrade gem as discussed: http://omgbloglol.com/post/359147788/rails-upgrade-automating-a-portion-of-the-rails-3, and the only thing i need to fix is some of my action mailer code.

I've cross referenced various files under the config directory with a fully working rails 3 application that I have. Double checked the script directory, which only contains the rails script. I am really running out of ideas here. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

3 Posts
Login to add your message