Welcome to Working With Rails

Discussion Forums

Discuss all things Ruby on Rails with perhaps the web's most vibrant group of Ruby on Rails enthusiasts.
Crystal Reports with rails
2 Posts
Crystal Reports with rails

Hi, I am New to ruby on rails, My requirement is to report generation using crystal reports by using rails. For that i am using JAVA API in order to produce the Report PDF'S. For the generation of the report i am sending the Dynamic XML file content as a XML data, a static XSD file and one RPT file in order to produce the report pdf. I have achieved it successfully. But now the issue is Working with the Sub reports in the Crystal report,here the main RPT will associates with Sub report RPT's.

I can't able to pass the sub report needed XML and XSD dynamically at the time of request. because i am sending the request once to JAVA API with main rpt,main XML and main XSD,even it encounters the sub report RPT, it can't able to give the Dynamic data because it's not connect to DB at that instance, So please help me on this issue how can i generate Sub reports in crystal reports in Ruby on rails.

And also suggest me is there any other alternative mechanism is availble for reporting in ruby on rails.

I haven't used Crystal Reports with Rails. But I have had some good experience with generating reports using Ruport, a pure Ruby solution for generating reports and rendering in PDF, CSV, HTML, and plain text. It includes utilities for ActiveRecord integration, graphing, and emailing reports as well.

You can find out more details here: http://www.rubyreports.org/

2 Posts
Login to add your message