Welcome to Working With Rails

Discussion Forums

Discuss all things Ruby on Rails with perhaps the web's most vibrant group of Ruby on Rails enthusiasts.
Vlad the Deployer and Git
2 Posts
Vlad the Deployer and Git

I have gotten to the stage of figuring out how to deploy an actual production rail app and have run into a roadblock using Vlad and Git.

I have an odd setup/layout and this may be part of the issue. I have 4 servers this rails app will be running on, but for now I'm just testing it on one. I call this server: web3. My Git repository is on one of the other servers: web1. And with all this I am doing most development on an inhouse system.

I am trying to deploy from the dev server and have gotten to the "rake vlad:update" task.. but this seems to always error out trying to connect to the git repository.

user@dev:/home/user/rails$ rake vlad:update user@web3..com's password: Initialized empty Git repository in /home/user/www/rails/scm/repo/.git/ Permission denied, please try again. Permission denied, please try again. Permission denied (publickey,gssapi-with-mic,password). fatal: The remote end hung up unexpectedly fetch-pack from 'user@web1..com:/home/user/www/rails/.git/' failed.

My repository in deploy.rb is set as:

set :repository, 'user@web1..com:/home/user/www/rails/.git'

And Vlad has the :scm => :git option.

Any idea what the "Permission denied" is in reference to? Or how to get this to all play nicely?

Thanks...

I like to reply to myself... so...

Adding web3 to web1 "authorized_keys" for ssh did the trick with that error...

but now I am getting a bunch of different ones. I'll post back if they give me issues...

2 Posts
Login to add your message